Snickerdoodles are my absolute favorite cookie – and I think a huge part of it has to do with that signature snickerdoodle tang (is tang the right word for it?)
So I knew it was about time to turn this amazing cookie into a breakfast muffin. And these gluten-free, dairy free muffins were born!
Now going back to that signature snickerdoodle taste – that comes from using an excess of cream of tartar in a recipe, which helps make a light and fluffy cake, but also gives that acidic note that you taste when you bite into a snickerdoodle. So don’t worry, this recipe has pleeeenty of cream of tartar. You won’t miss the snickerdoodle taste here at all!
- Muffin tin
- Muffin liners
- 1 & ⅔ cup oats blended into flour 180g
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cream of tartar a necessity to get that snickerdoodle taste!
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup melted butter or vegan butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
Cinnamon sugar topping:
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the oat flour, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the butter, syrup, egg until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and pour into six muffin liners. Due to the oat flour, these will be very tender, so the muffin liners are needed!
- Top with cinnamon sugar and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm!