This Sizzled Jalapeño Dipping Oil is a recipe to keep around for the long haul. This perfectly spicing, acidic and punchy dipping oil is so addicting, you’ll find yourself making it over and over again. Plus, it’s pretty customizable and a great thing to have around for guests.
Stick around to read about how you can customize this incredible dipping oil to fit exactly what you’re craving!
Table of contents
The focaccia to serve with this dipping oil
I like to serve this with a Parmesan-Crusted Focaccia (delicious, I know). This is simply my no-knead focaccia (which is in the caption of this video), but instead of putting olive oil at the base, I use a heaping pile of parmesan cheese.
Make sure your entire sheet pan is covered with a thick layer of parmesan (you shouldn’t be able to see any of the pan), and then bake as normal! And voila, the perfect dipping bread.
Some add-ins and swap options
The real stars of this dipping oil are pickled jalapeños, parsley and Castelvetrano olives. You can’t go wrong. These three ingredients are irresistible in just about anything you use them in, so when they come together into one perfect dip, it’s heaven.
But, if you’re looking to make some swaps, here are some ideas that might work for you!
- For more spice, use fresh jalapeños rather than pickled. To bring the acidity back into the dip, mix in about a tablespoon of white wine vinegar after everything is sizzled.
- Don’t have Castelvetrano olives? Try using any other green olive varietal instead. However, these olives are not as buttery Castelvetrano olives, so keep this in mind!
- If you’re not a fan of parsley a good substitute would be cilantro (add some cotija cheese to finish this dip if you use cilantro) or dill for a big punch (perfect for serving with a side of cream cheese).
- For richness add a dollop of ricotta at the bottom of the plate, then add the dip on top. It’ll be beautiful and a touch more filling.
Looking for more snack and side recipes?
Luckily for you, I am THE Mother Snacks. Here are some of the favorites on the blog:
And that’s everything for this Sizzled Jalapeño Dipping Oil!
And of course feel free to leave any questions, comments or reviews! This is the best place to reach me, and I’d love to hear from you <3
Sizzled Jalapeño Dipping Oil
- 1 small saucepan
- 1/3 cup sliced pickled jalapeños finely chopped, I like Mezzetta's "Tamed" for this
- 1/3 cup Castelvetrano olives finely chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves grated
- 1 lemon for zest and juice
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add the jalapeños, olives, parsley, garlic and 2 teaspoons of lemon zest to a heat-proof bowl. Add a large pinch of salt.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the oil until it is between 325°F and 350°F, but no higher.
- Carefully pour the oil into the bowl, letting it sizzle over the ingredients.
- Whisk to combine, once it has cooled to a safe temperature, taste and season with more salt as desired.
- Scoop the dipping oil onto a plate, finish with a large squeeze of lemon juice all over the top (don't skip this!), any extra lemon zest and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Serve with whole wheat focaccia (linked in the blog post!) and dip away.