We all know and love the snickerdoodle, but now I present to you: the cocoa doodle. Think of hot chocolate and a snickerdoodle having a baby. It's not a traditional Christmas cookie, but it really should be!
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp all-purpose flour 135g
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 7 tbsp butter or vegan butter of choice
- ¼ cup and 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Swiss miss hot chocolate mix 1 packet
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until fluffy. Add in the almond milk and cream again.
- Gradually fold in the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Scoop the dough into 9-10 equal sized balls. Roll the balls in the hot chocolate mix, giving each a generous coating.
- Chill 15 minutes in the freezer.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, take them out when they still look slightly underdone. They will continue to spread and cook! Let them cool 20 minutes before eating.