This is just a little Sunday oatmeal breakfast inspo for you 🙂 Because there is NO shame in getting a little ~extra~ over oats. In fact, I totally encourage it! It is so easy to eat the same oatmeal bowls day after day (banana+pb+cinnamon, rinse & repeat) but it is so fun to switch things up!
These Berries and Cream oats are jam packed with amazing ingredients, guaranteed to make your stomach full and your body feel great. When I look to create a new oatmeal breakfast recipe, I’m always thinking 1) delicious first 2) it has to make you feel good. Because if we are starting our day with it, that’s the least we can ask, right?
So this bowl has strawberries, raspberries, chia seeds, coconut (for that fat to keep you full!), a touch of sugar for sweetness and a bit of plant based milk to bring it all together!
Now to keep my oats fun, I personally keep an “oats topping bar” in my house and try to switch things up as much as I can. It kind of feels like building a sundae every morning, which I have ZERO complaints about doing.
I highly recommend stocking up on oatmeal toppings that are your favorites, and mixing it up here and there. Some of my staples are:
- dried raisins
- slivered almonds
- coconut flakes
- matcha powder
- chia seeds
- sunflower seeds
- dried apple
- cocoa powder
- ALL the nut butters
- hemp hearts
- dried blueberries
but I could go on forever! That’s the fun part when you make a fully stocked “bar,” it makes everyday feel like an oatmeal adventure (also woooow my oats obsession is really showing through rn).
Now enough with the boring stuff, onto the recipe!
Berries & Cream Oatmeal Bowl
- 2/3 cup rolled oats 80g
- 2 & 1/4 cups water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup frozen strawberries 140g
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp dried raspberries
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plant based milk of choice
- In a microwave safe bowl, whisk together the oats and chia seeds. Add in the water.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute at a time, stirring each minute, up until 5 minutes or until you reach your desired thickness. You can also totally do this on the stovetop!
- After the oats are finished cooking, microwave the frozen strawberries in a small dish for 30 seconds or until glossy and thawed. You can also do this on the stovetop.
- The berries will have extra "juice" which you will want to save for toppings later!
- Mix the berries in with the oats, reserving about 3 berries for "topping."
- Mix in the sugar with the oats.
- Top the oats with the remaining berries, coconut flakes, the strawberry "juice" and then the dried raspberries.
- Pour the plant-based milk on top and serve immediately!