Coffee lovers, this one’s for you! This cake is simple, whipped up in minutes and the perfect combination of a vanilla latte flavor and super sweet, super moist cake. Plus this is dairy free, gluten free (helllooo oat flour ily) and easily veganizable with one flax egg!
You can bake this in either an 8×8″ square baking sheet or a 8″ diameter pan. I recommend the circular option to get the best results!
And in this recipe if you find you don’t have access to instant coffee, I’ve found that strongly brewed coffee or espresso works just as well! Just omit the milk and use 2 tbsp of the espresso or the coffee.
Vanilla Latte Cake
- 2 cups rolled oats, blended into flour about 150 grams
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 & 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp milk of choice warm, to mix with the instant coffee
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In one bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Gradually fold the dry ingredients into the wet until well combined.
- Then warm up your milk and add the instant coffee, this creates a concentrated "coffee syrup" for flavoring the cake. Add this to the batter and mix.
- Pour into an 8×8' baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the cake is out of the oven, let it cool for at least 20 minutes before sifting powdered sugar on top as a topping.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.