I don’t think I’ve ever finished a bottle of salad dressing. Like in my life. And that started my whole philosophy around small batch salad dressing and this single-serving red wine vinaigrette! And for this mozzarella, pea & radish salad, this dressing is nothing but perfect.
This recipe makes about 1/4 cup, which is just enough for one large salad to serve at dinner, or two salads for lunch! Either way, it’s just enough to not waste any, which is my absolute favorite thing. No food waste in this house plz <3
And this fresh-af salad is like spring in a bowl. It’s just fresh mozzarella, radishes, peas, fresh greens and salt and pepper! You can toss in some crunch with almonds or croutons, and then you are good to go. It’s not an exact recipe at all, but just a little salad inspo if you need it!
And this red wine vinaigrette goes with literally anything. It’s such a fresh, easy way to make a salad dressing that you can whip up in seconds, use and rinse and repeat! Plus, it’s made of pantry staples, so even if you don’t have it “on hand” you have it on hand…y’know what I mean?
And what goes into this red wine vinaigrette recipe is super easy, here’s the gist so you can scale it up or down as you need to:
- 3 parts extra virgin olive oil
- 1 part red wine vinegar
- a splash of honey
- a small spoonful of dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- smashed garlic
I have measurements below to help out, but you can really measure with your heart! It’s all about finding what you like. But I will say, don’t skimp on the mustard, because that is crucial for emulsification!
And that’s about it for this super easy, super fresh springtime lunch. It’s part of a bigger series I have going, so stay tuned for the next post! But in the meantime, may the salad dressing queens be with you 🙂
Small Batch Red Wine Vinaigrette | Springtime Mozzarella Salad
For the salad dressing:
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp raw honey or agave nectar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and mashed
- 1/8 tsp each of salt, pepper, sugar sugar is optional, but highly recommended!
For the salad:
- 1 bag spinach greens or mixed greens
- 1 cup radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 cup snow peas, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds or croutons optional
- In a small jar, combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing. Put the top on the jar and shake well or until it is emulsified.
- For the salad, toss together the greens, mozzarella, radishes and snow peas in a large bowl. Pour in the salad dressing and toss again.
- Top with the almonds or croutons and serve!