When people hear vegan pancakes, they probably don’t immediately add booze. Welp, good thing I’m not most people because these vegan mimosa pancakes are INSANELY good, slightly boozy, and perfect for any brunch lovefest (I’m writing this in the throngs of COVID isolation and deeply hoping for a brunch lovefest soon).
Plus with just five main ingredients, these orange-glazed, prosecco infused dreams are easy to make and full of pantry staples. All you need is an accompanying bellini or mimosa (or bloody mary, if you’re savage) and breakfast is done!
Watch the recipe video here:
Vegan Mimosa Pancakes
These Mimosa Pancakes are amazingly fluffy, accidentally vegan and a boozy brunch dream. Were they created when I was hungover and needed to use some leftover prosecco? Maybe. Are they still delicious? Yes.
- Medium pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour about 120g
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk or plant-based milk of choice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 splash prosecco optional, but very fun
For the glaze
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp prosecco
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, nut milk, orange juice, add a splash of prosecco if you are ~feeling yourself~
- Cook in a greased pan on medium heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Make the glaze by whisking together orange zest, prosecco and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Top the pancakes with icing and serve warm.