Two words. Eight letters. I’m totally yours.
I swear, once you find the right way to make hot honey to your liking, it changes the game. Hot honey can go on anything (and everything): smoothie bowls, pizza, cake, sandwiches, BRUNCH. It’s like the mix of sweet and spicy was made for this world, and I’m here for it.
So here is how to make hot honey that is quick, easy, and requires zero cooking. Plus I’ve also included my favorite recipe to use it on – burrata toast! Because really, I couldn’t just leave you with a hot honey recipe, that would feel wrong. I had to give you the whole thing 😉
Now this recipe includes a jammy poached egg, creamy burrata and crispy ciabatta grilled on a cast iron stove, but if some of those things aren’t your ~jam~ totally feel free to tweak? Prefer your brunch eggs over easy? Go for it. Want to switch out the burrata for a creamy ricotta? Be my guest! And if you want to make your hot honey LESS SPICY? (gasp) that is fine, I will allow it. That’s the best part about this quick and simple brunch recipe. It’s delicious, but you can really make it your own.
Hot Honey & Burrata on Ciabatta (Easy Brunch Recipe)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz. burrata about 1 small ball
- 2 rolls fresh ciabatta
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp sambal oelek chili paste
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
For the toast
- Turn your skillet on high heat. Cut the ciabatta rolls in half lengthwise and slather with either butter or olive oil.
- Toast the rolls (face side down) on the skillet for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and toast for another 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and poach to eggs, do this by dropping the eggs into the boiling water, swirl the water once with a spoon and let the eggs cook for about 4 minutes. Remove from the water and set aside in a bowl with about 1 tbsp of water in it to help them rest.
For the hot honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, sambal oelek and red pepper flakes – and boom that's the hot honey!
- Top your toasted bread with burrata on one side and the egg on the other, embrace the runny yolk! (if you're into that) Salt & pepper to taste.
- Drizzle each portion generously with hot honey and serve warm!